Growing a beard is a one of the rare privileges that comes with manhood. Growing up, I longed for it and when the first strand came sprouting out, I knew I was a way to manhood. Here comes the challenge, 6 months down the line, my long cherished beard looked scraggy and icky. Whether you are new to the whole scheme of beard shaping or you are a maestro, learning how to shape a beard – long and short – will help you look properly groomed, boost your confidence and give you a look of a model. So you should learn how to shape a beard!
Shaping a long or short beard requires slightly different approaches. More so, you can choose to shape your beard without trimming it. The most important thing to note is that depending on the style you have opted for and the length, the approach will be different.
So let’s look at the best way on how to shape a beard both long beard and a short beard with and without trimming it.
To get the best shape that is well groomed and maintained, you should start with the right tools. First, you need to have the tools for shaping your beard. Next, as a matter of importance, you need to know the perfect style that suits you. So, here you have it, the essentials for a well-shaped beard. Then you can go on with how to shape a beard.
See Also: beard vitamins
Tools of your trade
- 2 Mirrors. Using two mirrors will ensure that you can see your beard from different directions and angles. You can set one in a hanging position facing you on the wall and the second can be held and adjusted in different angles to achieve the best result.
- Shaving Gel.
- Running water.
- Good tooth comb.
- A beard scissors.
- Safety Razor.
- Quality Beard Trimmer
- Beard oil and beard balm.
How to know your perfect beard shape?
Knowing the perfect beard shape comes with experience which comes through practice. For a start, during your initial months, you should start with the most basic shape that matches your face. Doing this in subsequent months of growing your beard, you will discover a shape that complements your face and makes you look better.
Do this before you start
The key to success is preparation. Likewise, the key to a great beard is mastering the foundational skills. These skills are vital for preparing your beard, learning how to shape a beard and maintaining your preferred style. You begin by learning them, applying them, and repeating the process to maintain the perfect beard.
- Wash your beard regularly: In the initial stages, commencing with your first stubble, hair hygiene is important. At the least, wash your beard weekly for the ‘busy bees.’ A better option is shaping every 2 or 3 days. Washing your beard regularly will not only reduce chances of cultivating micro bacteria that causes itching but will also keep your hair clean.
- Shape your hair when it’s dry: You should, with in seriousness, trim your beard when it is dry. We should wash your beard, rinse it with running water and dry it. Shaping wet hair can result in horrific outcomes when the hair becomes dry.
- Ensure that your beard is moisturized and clean. We have covered how to achieve clean beards – wash it and dry it. Dirty and unkempt beards often come together as lumps, collecting dirt in the process. To keep your beard moisturized, you can get a quality cleaning and moisturizing products from Beardfarmers.com
- To maintain a beard free of debris and looking good always, you should comb it daily.
- Apply beard oil: Whether you want to grow a short or long beard, having and using beard oil is a ‘must-have’ on your list. Applying beard oil helps maintain the look of your beard by conditioning your hair and making it so easy to style your beard.
- Have a healthy diet: This is another must-have that almost everybody seems to ignore these days, yet they complain they are not getting the desired result. Your beard needs regular supply of proteins, vitamins and fats. Some proven supplements that promote the growth of your beard are rich in protein.
Egg Yolk – Vitamins Supplements for Beard Grooming and growth
Examples are: eggs, fish, and food rich in Vitamins. Vitamin B7 boosts facial hair growth and there is better way to get them than your regular yellowish egg yolk.
Nuts – Beard Grooming Supplements:how to shape a beard
Nuts – Beard Grooming Supplements
You should try this. Other Vitamins sources includes: Coconut oil (Vitamin E), Nuts such as peanuts, almonds, walnuts (Vitamin E), Eggs (Vitamins B12 and B7) and
Salmon Fish – Vitamins Supplements for Beard Grooming and growth:how to shape a beard
Salmon Fish – Vitamins Supplements for Beard Grooming and growth
Salmon Fish (Vitamins B12).